June 28, 2010

Strawberry-Cinnamon Galette

After dinner yesterday, we all went outside to enjoy the lovely weather. My daughter eventually found some neighbor friends to play Barbie with and my husband serenaded me while I was relaxing on the hammock. We lingered outside a little longer than normal, so my daughter's bedtime was pushed back about an hour later than normal. After all was quiet in the house, my sweet tooth kicked in and I got the itch to bake. It was 9:00 (I know, I know!) and I really did not have much time. I had some strawberries in the fridge that were on their way out in a day or two, so I decided to go with a galette. YUM!  Next time, I am going to add in some freshly-squeezed orange juice to the strawberry mixture.  There are so many possibilities with this recipe.


Ingredients:

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, mix strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
  • Pour the berries in the center of the pie crust 1 inch from the edges.
  • Fold edges over the strawberries. Brush edges with water and sprinkle with raw sugar.
  • Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Serve with whipped cream.
  • Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: