May 6, 2010

Asian Tofu, Green Pepper and Carrot Stir Fry

Today is my birthday. Don't bother asking my age because this is the first year that I will probably lie about it. I have received some lovely happy birthday wishes and tons of flowers and cards from family and close friends. My husband wanted to take me out to dinner tonight but I figured that instead I would make a dish that I normally would not make for dinner. I was browsing over the recipes I have posted so far on my blog and realized that my vegetarian section is lacking. My daughter and I thought that this was delicious and my husband felt the same way, except for the tofu part. lol



Ingredients:

Marinade
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp sherry wine
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • Dash crushed red pepper flakes
Stir Fry
  • 1 pkg tofu, cut into 8 1/2-inch slices and pressed
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 tsp dried ginger
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tbsp soy sauce, divided
  • 2 to 3 c vegetables, thinly sliced
  • 3 eggs (optional)
  • 2 cups white rice, cooked
  • 2 tsp peanut sauce, divided
  • Salt, to taste
  • Sesame seeds, toasted
Directions:
  • After the tofu is pressed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes. In a shallow bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients. Add the tofu and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
  • Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, stirring constantly for one minute.
  • Add marinated tofu to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  • Add vegetables, 1 tsp peanut sauce and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are to desired doneness.
  • Remove contents from the skillet and set aside.
  • Add eggs and scramble.
  • Add cooked rice to the eggs. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp of peanut sauce. Stir and cook for one minute.
  • Serve the rice with the tofu/vegetable mixture.
  • Season with salt, if desired.
  • Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over all.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: