August 14, 2010

Baked Coconut-Walnut Pineapple Rings

I don't know what has come over me! After putting my daughter to bed, I immediately and severely started to crave sweets for a second night in a row. I was eying up "Spongebob's house" (who lives in a pineapple under the sea) lying on my kitchen counter and knew that would do the trick! I decided to cut the pineapple rings and go tropical for my late-night snack. Only three ingredients to this snack but so delicious, healthy and satisfying for my sweet tooth!


Ingredients:

  • 1 pineapple, cut into rings
  • 1 c shredded coconut
  • 1/4 c chopped walnuts
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine the coconut and walnuts in a shallow bowl.
  • Coat each pineapple ring into the coconut mixture and press.
  • Bake on a cookie sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the coconut tips begin to brown.
  • Turn the pineapple rings over and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the coconut tips begin to brown.
  • Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic flavor combo. I think Spongebob would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how many episodes of Spongebob I have watched with the kids! This pineapple way outshines the show!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I know every Spongebob episode by heart at this point I think lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy.... my favorite ingredients! love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: