In place of the sweet onion marinade, Ranch dressing works very well.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 c Ranch dressing (I used Saucy Mama Sweet Onion Marinade)
- 2 c pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c vegetable oil, or as needed for frying
- Marinate the chicken strips in the Ranch dressing for at least one hour.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the chopped pistachios, Parmesan, parsley, pepper and garlic powder.
- Shake off the excess Ranch dressing from the marinade. Press the chicken strips in the pistachio mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Fry the chicken until it is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce on the side.