October 25, 2010

Beef and Rice Burrito

Busy, busy day today! Not much time for cooking but that doesn't mean we can't have something that tastes yummy! My husband had recently mentioned in passing that he would like a beef burrito, so you know that I jumped all over that. He is one of those types who asks, "What's for dinner?"; I ask, "Do you have any suggestions?"; and he always says, "Doesn't matter to me. Whatever you want." Any time he gives feedback, I am so thrilled. I would prefer to eat these any day over California Tortilla (though I love that place) or Taco Bell. This will yield tasty, monster-sized burritos! Fast, delicious, simple and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now.

P.S. Happy 30-year anniversary to my mom and dad AND happy 7-year anniversary to my sister and her husband! I love you all so much! HAPPY DAY!



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 5 tbsp fajita seasoning mix - Click here for my homemade recipe
  • 1/4 c water
  • 4 12-inch flour tortillas
  • 1/3 c white rice, cooked
  • 1/4 c refried beans
  • 1/4 c sour cream
  • 1/4 c mild salsa
  • 1 Roma tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 c corn
  • 1 c shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
  • Onion salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Hot sauce (optional)
Directions:

  • Place 4 flour tortillas in between two wet paper towels. Microwave for 30 seconds. Keep warm until ready to use.
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef and season with onion salt and pepper. Cook the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain and return the beef back to the pan.
  • Stir in 1/4 c water and the seasoning mix. Turn the heat down to low and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Mix in the rice.
  • Arrange your burrito and don't be shy with the ingredients! Spread out the refried beans on a flour tortilla. Top with beef/rice mixture, sour cream, salsa, tomato, corn and cheese. Repeat with the remaining burritos.

  • Roll the burritos and enjoy!


While you're at it, check this out:

Breakfast Burrito on FoodistaBreakfast Burrito

2 comments:

  1. You have a really lovely blog and I really like your photos and recipes.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the breakfast burritos widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My children would too. Looking at the unfolded burrito made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: