October 5, 2010

Caprese and Prosciutto Sandwich

The first time I ever bought prosciutto at the deli a few years ago, I asked for "Pros-cute-o" and the deli lady laughed at me and proceeded to obnoxiously correct me in front of the entire line of shoppers rather loudly with her nose turned up. Unfortunately for me, she is still behind the deli counter to this day and every time I get her as my server, I cringe. As luck would have it, out of the dozens of times I have ordered prosciutto at different times of the day and on different days of the week, she has never failed to be the one to take my order. All that to say, hmmm. I don't know why I decided to share this story. Oh well! On to the delicious sandwich :)



Ingredients:
  • Italian bread, sliced
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • Mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Prosciutto, sliced very thin
  • Salt, to taste
Directions:
  • Drizzle the balsamic vinegar onto each slice of bread.
  • Place the sliced tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Season with salt, if desired.
  • Top with prosciutto and the other slice of bread.
  • ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. how refreshing this looks!

    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brother @ the deli counter lady! I bet she doesn't know much more than that ;) Nice looking sammie. Looks like a quick yummy weekday main to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking sandwich!! I'm not sure which I love more, prosciutto or pancetta! This looks so good...I just made a BLT spin-off with pancetta over the weekend. Porky goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sandwich. My hubby would appreciate it too. Thank you for your sweet words on my blog (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celeste, it's a great sandwich. I love the food and recipes you feature here. They keep me coming back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious. I would have stuck it in the panini grill. Hot and melted! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. I so wanted to stick it in the panini grill but it kept staring at me saying eat me, eat me! I couldn't wait any longer! Speaking of eating, did you guys notice the blog love I gave you? Scroll down and look to the left <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: