October 5, 2010

Caprese and Prosciutto Sandwich

The first time I ever bought prosciutto at the deli a few years ago, I asked for "Pros-cute-o" and the deli lady laughed at me and proceeded to obnoxiously correct me in front of the entire line of shoppers rather loudly with her nose turned up. Unfortunately for me, she is still behind the deli counter to this day and every time I get her as my server, I cringe. As luck would have it, out of the dozens of times I have ordered prosciutto at different times of the day and on different days of the week, she has never failed to be the one to take my order. All that to say, hmmm. I don't know why I decided to share this story. Oh well! On to the delicious sandwich :)



Ingredients:
  • Italian bread, sliced
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • Mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Prosciutto, sliced very thin
  • Salt, to taste
Directions:
  • Drizzle the balsamic vinegar onto each slice of bread.
  • Place the sliced tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Season with salt, if desired.
  • Top with prosciutto and the other slice of bread.
  • ENJOY!

Featured in: