November 20, 2010

"Hello Kitty" Birthday Party

My daughter officially turns 6 years old on November 22nd. It is so crazy how fast times flies by! I threw a Hello Kitty kids' party for her at our house today, November 20th, and we had a blast!


When the children first arrived, I directed them to the Hello Kitty station, where I gave them each a set of ears (made by yours truly) and painted their faces. As the children were waiting their turn for the face painting, I invited them to color and write their names on their Hello Kitty bows and have some snacks, which were fish-shaped pretzels and pink lemonade with red ice cubes. All of the faces were painted and the first activity was to play pin the bow (that they decorated) on Hello Kitty. After that, it was time to do the pinata. I bought a Hello Kitty pinata from Amazon.com but the seller screwed up the order (grrr) and my mom ran to the store for me to buy another one. It wasn't Hello Kitty but it was just as good -- Spongebob! Now that the children had had some time to socialize, it was time to decorate their very own Hello Kitty cupcakes. I gave each child a pre-made cupcake along with a dollop of frosting and candy decorations for the face. I think they did a wonderful job!



Click here for the Hello Kitty cupcake recipe

Next, we played Mouse, Mouse, Cat (duck, duck, goose), then yarn toss (hot potato) and then Kitty says (Simon says). The best part of the party for little Ms. birthday girl was opening the presents, of course. We sang Happy Birthday and had some cake and ice cream. I was surprised that the kids still wanted cake after they had eaten their cupcakes!

I took a group shot, which I will use for a personalized thank you card, and gave the children bags filled with Hello Kitty goodies before they left. And they went home nice and sugared up for their parents! ;)


It was such a fun day!


14 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Happy B'day to your little one...God Bless her!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake came out great, Celeste...I'm sure you had a very happy little birthday girl on your hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What an amazing cake! Could have used you expertise for my daughter's cake!! You really did a great job with the party! I love the decorate your own cupcake idea! Your daughter is such a doll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! The birthday turned out so well! With all those kids at once, structure and tons of activities is definitely the key to avoiding chaos lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kitty has become a huge pop culture icon. She is adorable, attracting girls of all ages. Her soft lines, subdued feminine appearance and distinctive shapes make her extremely popular!

    hello kitty lingerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible party! You planned it very well. I especially liked the Hello Kitty headbands. I had also organized Hello Kitty birthday party for my daughter. I bought the Hello Kitty Party Supplies
    and the party favors from mybirthdaysupplies.com. It was a nice party and the girls enjoyed it to their fullest. Next time, I will surely make these headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the Birthday decoration at home at home is absolutely stunning! The vibrant colors and creative arrangements have transformed the entire space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such a creative and informative blog for us.
    Birthday decoration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Post!. Thank you for sharing Birthday Decoration
    this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your blog post and feel so good. Thank you for sharing this blog post.
    Birthday Decoration

    ReplyDelete

  12. I recently organized a superhero-themed birthday party for my child by The Fairy Godmother Events, and it was a huge hit! We set up a mini obstacle course for the kids to navigate through, complete with tunnels, ropes, and cones. Each child was given a superhero cape and mask upon arrival, and they had a blast pretending to be their favorite heroes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: