- Cupcakes, prepared and cooled - click here for my vanilla cupcake recipe
- Vanilla frosting
- Fur: White jimmies
- Ears: White chocolate bar, cut into small triangles
- Eyes: Brown reese's pieces, cut in half
- Nose: Yellow reese's pieces, whole
- Whiskers: Black jimmies
- Bow: Red Swedish fish
- Preparation work: Cut the rounded portion off of the top of each cupcake, so there is a flat surface to work with. Have a sample cupcake prepared ahead of time, so the children have a visual of what they will be doing. Frost each ear piece and dip into the white jimmies.
- Hand out a cupcake to each child along with a dollop of frosting on a plate. Give them a small bowl or bag filled with the candies as well.
- Have the children frost their own cupcakes and dip their frosted cupcakes into a bowl of white jimmies (fur).
- To assemble the face, press the ears into the top of the cupcake, press in the eyes (cut side down), nose and and black jimmies for the whiskers.
- Finish Hello Kitty off with a red Swedish fish bow.