November 15, 2010

Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff

As if life wasn't already crazy enough, I have to fit in planning for my daughter's Hello Kitty-themed birthday party for this Saturday AND I have been summoned to jury duty tomorrow. Because of jury duty, my work schedule has shifted drastically, making today a CRAZY day for work and leaving me little-to-no time for much else. So, for our quick and easy dinner tonight, I threw together a simple beef stroganoff. My husband does not like onion or mushroom in his stroganoff (shame, right?), so I added onion powder, sauteed some mushrooms on the side and added it to my plate. This recipe may be simple and the meal itself may not very the most attractive in the world but it is good! I guess if I had more time I could have at least garnished it with some parsley but I was fresh out of it. My husband and daughter loved it and gobbled it up. This is one of those comforting foods that is perfect for a cold night after a long, hard day of work. Speaking of my daughter, my little food critic has now added another rating. We have the ratings "not good", "meh" and "very good" and she has now added a "muy bien", which is two thumbs up and the best you can get. (Can you tell she's taking Spanish in school?)



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 c brown gravy
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (I left this out as I had ran out of it)
  • Optional: 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
  • 8 oz noodles, cooked (I use no-yolk egg noodles)
Directions:
  • Brown the beef and optional mushrooms in a large skillet on medium heat, until the beef is no longer pink. Add the garlic and stir for one minute longer. Drain the beef and mushrooms and return them to the skillet.
  • Stir in the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy and sour cream.
  • Season with onion powder, salt and pepper.
  • Serve over cooked egg noodles.
  • Enjoy!
Madelyn Rating:
"Muy bien!"

1 comment:

  1. What a great mom you are to throw this together after such a stressful day! LOVE the new rating!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: