December 6, 2010

Lemon and Pecan Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate


12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies
Day 6

Lemon and Pecan Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate


I cannot believe that I am already halfway through my 12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies! I have had so much fun doing all of this baking and it has really put me into the spirit of Christmas. Biscotti is one of my favorite things to have with a hot cup of coffee. I adapted this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis and it is heavenly. The white chocolate perfectly compliments the lemon and pecan.


Ingredients:
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c cornmeal
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 c sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • Zest of 2 lemons
  • 3/4 c pecans, coarsely chopped
  • 18 oz white chocolate chips
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
  • Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
  • Beat together the sugar and eggs with a hand mixer, until pale yellow; about 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and gradually mix in the flour, until just blended. Stir in the pecans. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
  • Divide the dough evenly into 2 equal mounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet. With moist hands, form 2 (9x3 inch) logs.
  • Bake for 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
  • Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch thick diagonal slices. Bake cut side down, until golden; about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
  • Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the ends of the biscotti in the white chocolate and allow to cool on a wire rack over parchment paper.
  • Store in airtight container.
  • Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. oooo looks and sounds delicious!! like the addition of cornmeal. bet they were nice and sweet= lemon is a fave in the house. I am trying biscotti for the first time soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love biscotti and white chocolate! This recipe sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Giada certainly knows how to make good biscotti, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Last night I needed to bake something to bring to a luncheon today. I had the basic ingredients in the house, but not a lot that I thought was special. I had lemons and I had pecans. I googled the ingredients, hoping I might get a biscotti recipe and yours popped up! I didn't have white chocolate chips, but they were excellent just the same and everyone loved them today. I'm making another batch now and I'm going to try the white chocolate this time.
    Thanks so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, I'm so glad that you stumbled across my blog and were able to find what you needed. Just wait until you taste it with the white chocolate! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. would you have any idea of the nutritional ingredients? i.e. calories, fat etc.
    Thanks if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Per biscotti, it comes to approximately 130 calories, 7.5 g of total fat (11% daily value), 6.4 g of saturated fat(33% daily value), 27 mg of sodium (18% daily value), 16.5 carbohydrates (5.5% daily value) and 12.75 g.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your time :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: