Lemon and Pecan Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate
I cannot believe that I am already halfway through my 12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies! I have had so much fun doing all of this baking and it has really put me into the spirit of Christmas. Biscotti is one of my favorite things to have with a hot cup of coffee. I adapted this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis and it is heavenly. The white chocolate perfectly compliments the lemon and pecan.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 c pecans, coarsely chopped
- 18 oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the sugar and eggs with a hand mixer, until pale yellow; about 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and gradually mix in the flour, until just blended. Stir in the pecans. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough evenly into 2 equal mounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet. With moist hands, form 2 (9x3 inch) logs.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch thick diagonal slices. Bake cut side down, until golden; about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the ends of the biscotti in the white chocolate and allow to cool on a wire rack over parchment paper.
- Store in airtight container.