February 28, 2011

White Bean Dip


One Year Ago: Shrimp Arrabbiata

This is a simple, delicious and healthy snack that I had a hard time stopping myself from eating! Next time, I will add some Parmesan cheese and experiment with herb flavors.


Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
Recipe by Mike Pagliaro, owner of Apple Spice Junction

  • 1 1/2 c white beans, soaked in cold water overnight
  • 1 clove garlic, sliced
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Crostini
Directions:

Brush olive oil over both sides of the crostini. Season with salt and pepper and toast or grill.

Thoroughly rinse and drain the white beans. Cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, or until soft.

Blend the beans, garlic, red pepper, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add the olive oil, as needed to desired consistency.

Spread on the crostini.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good...I make a white bean hummus, but with canned white beans. Isn't it nice when something that tastes so good is also healthy too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo white bean hummus sounds amazing! Have you shared that recipe on your blog yet? I would LOVE to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit your blog and got a good tips of cooking ..i want invite you to my blog and share with you some attractive kitchen renovation tips..

    http://leenapaul76.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: