April 29, 2011

Asian-Style Peanut Pork with Vegetables and Noodles



Welcome to the 3rd edition of "Fridge Fridays"

The purpose of "Fridge Fridays" is to share with you how I use leftovers from my fridge to create a meal.  

Of all my recipes, the most popular (most viewed and most commented on) are the desserts.  Even though this is primarily a cooking blog, as opposed to a baking blog, it really comes as no surprise to me.  Can you guess what the least popular recipes are?  Asian.  That is unfortunate for me because my family loves our Asian food and I enjoy cooking it nearly weekly.  So, without further ado, here is another Asian-style family favorite.

The Leftovers

Cooked pork:  We had pork tenderloin one night for dinner this week, so I sliced it up.

Onion, carrot and fresh ginger:  I will not be cooking for the next few days, so I needed to use these up before they went bad.  


Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 8 oz Chinese noodles  
  • 2 tbsp peanut oil
  • 1/4 c onion, chopped 
  • 1 large carrot, sliced thin
  • 1/2 lb pork, sliced into very thin strips
  • 1 c frozen snow peas 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce 
  • 1 tsp dark sesame oil 
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated   
  • 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the Chinese noodles and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.  Drain and rinse in cold water.  Set aside. 

Meanwhile, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and carrot and cook until crisp-tender.  Add the pork and cook for 1 minute (skip this step if you're using already cooked leftover pork).  Stir in the snow peas and cook for 1 minute longer.  Add the garlic, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.

Add the Chinese noodles to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes longer.

Turn the heat down to low.  Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and peanut butter.  (If you are using already cooked leftover pork, add it now)  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook until the pork is cooked through (or warmed if using already cooked leftover pork). 

Enjoy!

Madelyn Rating:
Two thumbs up! 



4 comments:

  1. I love Asian food! I have pork tenderloin in the freezer I might have to get it out to make this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most popular posts are baked goods as well...everyone loves a treat! But? I love Asian food too and have just started making it at home. This looks so good...love peanut sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sounds delicious. I love noodles and yours look and sound wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family would LOVE this dish, too. Great use of the left over pork tenderloin.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: