April 22, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Welcome to the 2nd edition of "Fridge Fridays"

The purpose of "Fridge Fridays" is to share with you how I use leftovers from my fridge to create a meal.  

This is one of my favorite pizzas of all time!  

The Leftovers

Cooked Chicken:  I grilled some chicken breasts for salad one night for dinner this week and I had leftover chicken that I shredded.

Alfredo Sauce:  We had shrimp alfredo for dinner this week and I had about 1/2 c leftover of the alfredo sauce. 


Ingredients:

  • 1 pizza crust
  • 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 c fresh spinach
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 c alfredo sauce
  • 4 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 c shredded Asiago cheese
  • 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir constantly until wilted down; about 1 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn the heat down to low.  Add the cooked chicken, stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.  Remove from heat and set aside. 

Spread the alfredo sauce evenly over the crust.

Top with sun-dried tomatoes and chicken/spinach mixture.

Sprinkle the Asiago, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over all.

Bake pizza for 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.



    Enjoy!


      5 comments:

      1. Leftovers never looked so good! I would eat this in a second. I do the same thing: make something fun out of odds and ends left in the fridge. Especially a day or two before payday ;)!

        ReplyDelete
      2. This looks wonderful and it is one of the most creative uses of leftovers that I've ever seen. I'd love to have a slice of this. I hope you have a great day and enjoy the holiday weekend. Blessings...Mary

        ReplyDelete
      3. I have the ingredients on my shopping list for next week. This will taste great with my beer batter pizza dough! Thanks:)

        ReplyDelete
      4. We made this tonight. The only thing I did different was use my own crust recipe and add bacon. It was so good!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Robin, I bet the bacon was a wonderful addition! I'll have to add some next time. Glad you enjoyed it!

        ReplyDelete

      I would love to hear from you! :)

      Featured in: