June 16, 2011

Easy Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream


 
I bought an ice cream maker last year and have experimented with all types of ice cream.  There is really no need for me to ever shell out money for store-bought again.  This rocky road ice cream turned out amazing!  The wonderful thing about it is you pretty much get instant gratification as there is no cooking involved at all.  Once it is finished processing in the ice cream maker, you can eat it soft serve immediately.  If you desire a more firm texture, store it in an air-tight container in the freezer overnight. 



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 2/3 c white sugar 
  • 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 c mini marshmallows 
  • 1/4 c chopped pecans 
  • 1 3/4 c heavy cream 
  • 1/4 c milk (I used skim milk)
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
Directions:

In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.  Stir in the marshmallows and pecans.  Whisk in the heavy cream, milk and vanilla.

Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions. 

Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. It looks heavenly! I can't believe it's to easy...I'll have to make this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rocky road! This sounds so good today...it's soooo hot here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!! This looks wonderful. Maybe i`ll give this a try over the weekend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I still not running out to get the ice cream machine? I see so many yummy homemade yummy ice cream recipes the past few days. This sounds so good on a hot day like this. I really don't mind the rocky road if it cools me down:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky road- what are you doing to me! This is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Rocky Road Ice Cream looks gorgeously delicious! Now I am wondering why have I not made Rocky Road Ice Cream before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job with this ice cream. May I have a scoop?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This looks delicious! I want to get an ice-cream maker so bad so I can make flavors like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I also bought an ice cream maker last summer, and have yet to try making rocky road. You've inspired me to add it to my to-make list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does look super tasty! What a great picture! Don't you just love ice cream pictures?? I'd love for you to link up to my sweet treats party today! Hope to see you there :)
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohh, I want a scoop right now! Thanks for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: