June 28, 2011

Southwestern Bruschetta




It was between lunch and dinner and I found myself craving a snack, particularly something Mexican.  I had made some guacamole and had French baguette that I needed to use up, so I decided to make southwestern bruschetta.  Simple and delicious.     


Ingredients:

  • French baguette, thinly sliced
  • Refried beans 
  • Guacamole  
  • Tomato, chopped 
  • Corn
  • Shredded cheddar jack cheese  
  • Hot sauce
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste 

    Directions:

    Brush the baguette with olive oil, rub with a clove of garlic and season with salt and pepper on both sides.  Toast or grill until golden brown.

    Spread the refried beans on top of the baguette.  Top with guacamole, tomato, corn, and shredded cheese.

    Drizzle the hot sauce over all.  Garnish with cilantro.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

    Enjoy!



    15 comments:

    1. All of my favorites on a toasty piece of bread...I want some of this right now! Okay, with a margarita :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yum, I could make a meal out of these tasty little open faced sandwiches. The corn is a delicious addition.

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a fabulous twist! I love it.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Yum. I want to make this right now...I wish I had the ingredients on hand:)

      ReplyDelete
    5. what a super idea! I absolutely love this!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow this is an absolutely excellent idea I am definitely going to be making this.

      xo

      ReplyDelete
    7. What lovely starters. They are a perfect way to begin a holiday party. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

      ReplyDelete
    8. These look delicious, thanks for sharing!
      Karriann Graf
      http://creativecookingcorner.com

      ReplyDelete
    9. This looks beautiful and delicious! Makes a lovely lunch! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Lovely snacks! I can eat them all as dinner! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I'm so behind with everyone thanks to this upcoming trip...but I LOVE this fusion idea of Mexi-Italian! Saving this one as it's so simple to whip up...

      ReplyDelete
    12. How cool is that! What a great idea and something I know I would love but never thought to do it. This is why I love the food blogging world. i get so much inspiration and ideas! Great recipe

      ReplyDelete
    13. Wow, that looks good! This is really clever--i love it. :)

      ReplyDelete
    14. what a wonderful and healthy idea with blue berries! I must buy some molds soon :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. Well these certainly look fun! I love anything southwestern. Great idea!

      ReplyDelete

    I would love to hear from you! :)

    Featured in: