June 24, 2011

Strawberry, Banana and Pecan Muffins

  


I have an overabundance of strawberries and have been busy using them in various dishes and desserts for the past few days.  Today marks the first day of summer vacation for my daughter, which means that I literally have anywhere from 15 to 20 neighborhood kids playing in our backyard.  I saved myself some calories, handed these puppies out and they were a huge hit with all of the children!



Ingredients:
Yields 12 muffins
Printable Recipe
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c brown sugar 
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 c vegetable oil 
  • 1/3 c milk (I used skim)
  • 1 banana, diced 
  • 8 oz strawberries, diced 
  • 1/4 c pecans, chopped 



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  

In a separate large bowl, beat together the eggs, vegetable oil and milk.  

Add the egg mixture into the the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.  Fold in 2/3 of the strawberries, bananas and pecans.  

Fill the muffin cups almost to the top (4/5 full).  Top each muffin with the remaining strawberries, bananas and pecans.

Bake for 23 (23 minutes in my oven) to 28 minutes.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan before removing. 

Enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. moist, delicious, perfect for anytime of the day, what is not to love about these muffins. I know my son would scarf them down in a heartbeat! Wow, they look so good and the pic is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love these...if only I could get my husband to eat pecans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your muffins looks lovely! Fresh strawberries in every bite, yum! Looks really moist, soft and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness , we love muffins and my family will go crazy for these! They look amazing! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect, like "Williams-Sonoma" food! I'm so wishing I had one of those muffins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could so use one of these about right now with my coffee!!

    *I work for Bass Pecan Company and every year they have a recipe contest where you can win $1000. You should check it out!! If you like baking with pecans this is perfect for you Bass Recipe Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love strawberry muffins. I can only imagine that adding bananas would make them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Strawberry banana and pecan in a muffin? YUM! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful and strawberries are just starting to come in here. I can't wait to give these a try. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those muffins look like they'd be a perfect snack. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: