June 18, 2011

Thai Red Curry Shrimp


One Year Ago:  Baked Lemon-Basil Haddock

For the remainder of the month (and part of the next), my life schedule is going to be crazy.  Between appointments, work, the end of the school year, family stuff and a soon-to-be addition to our family (my brother and sister-in-law), I really need quick and easy meals like this one.  This can be made in under 30 minutes and, if you are a fan of curry, I'm sure you'll love this.  Here's to keeping my blog smoothly running conjointly with the millions of other things I have planned! 



Ingredients:
Printable Recipes
  • 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce 
  • 2 tbsp sugar 
  • 5 oz frozen sugar snap peas 
  • 1/3 c water 
  • 3/4 lb shrimp, coarsely chopped
  • Fresh basil, garnish  
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:

Combine the coconut milk and red curry paste in a large sauce pan.  Allow to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.

Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, sugar snap peas and water.  Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.  Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are cooked through. 

Serve over rice.  Garnish with basil.

Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. That's a good looking dish! I love curry and will be making this soon. Good luck with your crazy busy schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love curry and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dishes that don't take too long to make and still tastes and looks impressive. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous dish. Your photo is so clear that the shrimp look ripe for the plucking. I'd love to try this. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Quick delicious homemade meals beats ANYTHING :) You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only just found your blog - but am loving it already! great recipes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, sounds wonderful! I love red curries, coconut milk in savory dishes is just fantastic. Yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: