July 1, 2009

Pizza Roll Ups


Oh, happy day!  I just got a new refrigerator and I am loving it!  While happily transferring the contents of my freezer into my new one, I decided to lay a few things in the fridge to thaw out, one of which was some homemade pizza dough.  My daughter was watching as I was rolling out the dough and I thought it would be fun for us to make roll ups instead of a boring old pizza.  She loved the idea and helped roll some up herself.  These are simple, tasty and a great treat for kids!


Ingredients:
  • 1 pizza dough
  • Shredded cheese
  • Pepperoni, or your favorite meat topping 
  • Olive oil, for brushing 
  • Garlic salt
  • Oregano
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough to 1/4-inch-thick rectangle.  Cut strips approximately 1 1/2 inches wide x 6 inches long.  Spread mozzarella cheese evenly over each strip.  Top with your favorite meat topping.  Tightly roll up the strips.  Place them seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Brush the top of each pizza roll up with olive oil.  Sprinkle garlic salt and oregano over all and top with some additional shredded cheese.

Bake in the oven for 12 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.

Serve with a side of pizza sauce, marinara or ranch dressing (my personal favorite) and enjoy!

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. i love how the cheese is oozing out of the dough! congrats on the new fridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea! Never tried roll-up pizza before, sounds good!
    Congrats on your new refrigerator! I know, I just had a new one about three months ago too, it's bigger and I'm loving every space of it! :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty...nice presentation for pizza! Love these and am saving for our next football-watching party. Football snacks are a huge part of my cooking in the fall/winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new refrigerator! Great with the pizza, sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: