July 1, 2009

Creamy Dill Salmon Salad Sandwiches


I needed to use up a few things in my fridge before they went bad.  I had some salmon, sour cream and croissant rolls.  I threw this together for lunch and it turned out to be quite a delightful little sandwich.  You get the goodness of the salmon bathed in the creamy dill dressing and a slight crunch from the celery all tucked away in a soft, buttery croissant roll.  It's like a little piece of heaven!


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb salmon
  • 2 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 stalk celery, diced 
  • 1/4 c sour cream 
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 1/2 tsp dried dill weed 
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste 
  • Fresh baby spinach 
  • Croissant rolls 
Directions:


Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Season the salmon with salt and pepper.  Cook the salmon on both sides until flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.  Drain the salmon on paper towels. Flake with a fork into small pieces.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the celery, sour cream, cream cheese, grated Parmesan, dill and garlic.  Stir in the flaked salmon.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Make a deep slit down the center of a croissant roll.  Stuff with baby spinach and the creamy salmon mixture.

Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Great use of the leftover. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I love seafood sandwiches and this one looks so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look sooooooo good! I definitely will try this, Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done the dill with chicken and even crab but never salmon. I am liking this idea. I think seafood salads are so amazing and perfect for a quick delicious meal. Love this reicpe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salmon & Croissants?! I'll be thinking about this all day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: