January 20, 2011

Deep-Fried Seasoned French Fries


Potatoes were on sale for $0.99/5 pound bag last week, so what did I do?  I bought enough to feed an army.  So far, I have used them to make potato salad, home fries for breakfast, and baked bacon, shrimp and cheddar potato skins.  My husband happened to be craving french fries over the weekend, so I was excited for yet another use of the potatoes.  These are the best and easiest french fries ever.  They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with wonderful flavor.  If you would prefer to bake them, check out my homemade baked french fries recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 2 large russet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed 
  • Vegetable oil, enough to completely submerge the fries 
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • Pepper, to taste 
  • Kosher salt, to taste

Directions:

Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.

While the oil is preheating, cut the fries into 1/4-inch thick slices.  Add a handful of the fries at a time to the hot oil, stirring frequently for the first 30 seconds.  Cook until golden, about 5 minutes.  Remove from the hot oil and drain on paper towels.  Immediately season with garlic powder, onion salt, pepper and Kosher salt.


2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: