Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Black Bean Pico de Gallo
- Multigrain tortillas (or crunchy taco shells)
Optional Taco Toppings:
- Red pepper, thinly sliced
- Cooked corn
- Cooked rice
- Sour cream
- Any of your other favorite toppings
Have all of your preferred taco toppings set out before you begin to cook the shrimp for easy and quick assembly. Stack your tortillas between two damp paper towels and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Keep warm.
In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, garlic and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp mixture to the hot skillet and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange your tacos. Place a generous amount of shrimp on your tortilla and spoon some of the Pico de Gallo on top. Top with your favorite toppings.