March 16, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day Recipes


How do you celebrate Saint Patrick's Day?  I am in no way Irish but my husband is half Irish, so I always make something fun.  Here are dessert, dinner, lunch and drink recipes that my family enjoys around this time of year.

  1. Homemade Irish Potato Candy - The actual name of this confection is two-thirds a lie.  Irish Potato Candy is neither Irish nor does it contain any potato.  It is, however, a candy that is made to look like a potato.  
  2. Corned Beef & Cabbage with Potatoes and Carrots Serve this with horseradish or Dijon and crusty bread.  Don't forget to use the leftovers for corned beef hash or Reuben sandwiches!
  3. Reuben Sandwiches with Homemade Thousand Island Dressing Prepare your taste buds for a ride... there are so many wonderful flavors packed into this little sandwich!  
  4. Irish Coffee - A delicious and refreshing drink to celebrate St. Patty's Day.


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: