March 22, 2018

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto)


Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to a little gem that gets me through those times when I'm craving something sweet and naughty.  Ever heard of a fat bomb?  I hadn't until I started my Keto diet journey.  They sound kind of gross, don't they?  Actually, fat bombs are so high in fat and low in protein that they help your body burn more fat for fuel and stay in ketosis.  And when I say "fat," I'm talking about healthy fats.  Here's the homeschooling mom coming out... we need these healthy fats to help our bodies absorb fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E, and K.  Thanks, Apologia science!  Anyway, back to the recipe.  These chocolate and peanut butter fat bombs are amazing!  1 gram of carbs never tasted so good!    

Notes:  The mixture will sweeten as it sets.  Carb count will vary depending on the size of your silicone molds.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  



Ingredients:

  • 1/4 c whipped 1/3 less sugar peanut butter 
  • 1/4 c coconut oil 
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 
  • 1 tsp Truvia nectar, up to 1 1/2 tsp 
  • Splash pure vanilla extract 
  • Optional:  Chopped almonds 

Directions:

In a medium bowl, melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and butter.  Stir in the cocoa powder, Truvia nectar, and vanilla.  

Pour the mixture into silicone molds.  Top with chopped almonds. 

Place in freezer or refrigerator until set.  

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you reduce it, scr888 apk download any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually annoying. A good web site with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for making this web site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    coconut oil for hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. i try this fat bombs. this fat bombs looking so yummy and tasty.thanks dor sharing post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fat bombs looks so delicious, i must try and its name also so cute, its a keto diet

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many ways in which you can save yourself money when undergoing renovations. This way, you don't have to spend a lot of money on a full-on remodel, yet you can still make your home look and feel new. Click here to get more information about home revamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpfull article in here, thanks for sharing to us. If you need Sewa Container please visit us

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: