January 23, 2009

Bread

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!



Pumpkin French Toast with Maple-Cream Cheese Syrup

This pumpkin French toast is perfect on a chilly autumn morning for breakfast... or dessert!  It's rich, fluffy, pumpkiny, and the maple-cream cheese syrup just takes it to a heavenly realm!     


Sour Cream Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips


My family got away for a much needed mini vacation recently and it was a perfect send-off to summer.  When we finally arrived home, I came across some very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl.  Because there's nothing better than baking on a...


Resurrection Rolls - For Easter

Resurrection rolls are a fun (and tasty) way to share the Easter story with your children.  The hollow roll represents the empty tomb and all of the other ingredients used represent a part of the Easter story as well.  


Julia Child's White Sandwich Bread

Today would be Julia Child's 100th birthday!  To celebrate, I decided to try her white sandwich bread recipe.  I have used many different bread recipes in my day but Julia Child's is, in my opinion, the best.  The dough is very easy to work with...



Eggnog French Toast

I had a little leftover eggnog from Christmas with an expiration date of 1/1/2013 and I decided to use it up with breakfast this morning.  It's a simple yet delicious twist on your classic French toast.  



Honey Wheat Oat Bread with Honey-Cinnamon Butter

I wanted to share one more bread recipe.  While browsing through pinterest, I found a recipe on Tasty Kitchen and I instantly knew I had to try it.  The bread is soft and fluffy.

Easy Homemade White Bread

While my family enjoys 100% whole wheat bread the most, I wanted to share a white bread recipe that is really good.  This recipe yields light, fluffy and moist bread that is simple and easy to work with.  You will not be disappointed.  


Yesterday began with a hearty brunch of eggs, bacon, home fries and toast.  It was a cold Saturday with 4 inches of snow on the ground and I wasn't about to go anywhere.  Then something happened -- the baking bug bit.  It started with delectable...

Homemade Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagels

I could really get used to waking up to these with a hot cup of coffee every morning!  The outside is crispy, the inside is warm and soft and the cream cheese inside just puts them over the top.  



Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits

After years of tweaking, I have finally come up with perfectly delicious, soft and fluffy cheddar and garlic biscuits.  Making your own biscuits from scratch is quick and simple and the results are well worth the effort.  These are extremely addictive.  


Focaccia with Caramelized Onion, Tomato, Mushroom & Rosemary


I have been meaning to make focaccia for quite some time now.  Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread, which may be topped with herbs or other ingredients that is popular in Italy.  It is related to pizza but not considered to be the same.



Parmesan-Thyme Garlic Knots

First of all, I would like to say big thank you for your thoughts, well wishes and prayers for my daughter. We are still awaiting a pediatric neurologist appointment. In the meantime, I have been giving...


Soft Italian Breadsticks

If you are what you eat, my husband would be spaghetti and meatballs. Growing up, his mother would make it for him religiously once a week for dinner and it was...


Egg in the Basket


I love to make this for breakfast. It is simple and delicious. You can use different cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes and you can use waffles instead of bread.



100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread 



This is a wonderful fluffy 100% whole wheat bread. Most of the recipes out there yield heavy and very dense bread. I do all of this by hand but you can certainly use a Kitchen Aid. 



Blooming Pizza Bread

Remember the Blooming Bacon Cheddar Ranch Bread that hit the front page of AOL.com back in February?  Well, I decided to go along with a pizza theme this time.  The results?  Amazing!  I really need to reserve making these for when I have company...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: