August 16, 2010

Pesto Gnocchi, Shrimp and Broccoli

Another gift I received for my birthday is Giada DeLaurentiis' Genovese Basil Pesto. I really like the taste of it, although I have to admit that I like my pesto recipe a little more, biased as I may be. In any case, the pesto complimented the gnocchi, shrimp and broccoli very well. This meal is right up my alley. It is so good that I could probably eat it once a week; however, this was my husband's first time eating gnocchi and he is not a fan at all. Perhaps if I made it from scratch, he would change his mind.



Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg (16 oz) gnocchi, such as Bellino
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 to 4 c broccoli, cut into florets (I used leftover steamed broccoli)
  • 1 lb shrimp, cut in halves
  • 3 tbsp Giada Delaurentiis' Genovese Basil Pesto (Or you can use my pesto recipe)
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Steam broccoli until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, boil the gnocchi in salted walter until it rises to the top of the water; about 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Drain the gnocchi, place it in a bowl and set aside.
  • Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the garlic, stirring constantly until it becomes fragrant. Add shrimp and cook until pink.
  • Add the shrimp to the gnocchi.
  • Once the broccoli is to desired doneness, add it to the shrimp and gnocchi.
  • Stir in the pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. My stomach just growled super loud! That looks delicious. I've been wanting to make some homemade gnocchi for a while now! This looks like the perfect recipe to try it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently looking for a good homemade gnocchi recipe. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha Stewart has one in her Cooking School book that I am dying to try. I want to try this because the recipe can be easily changed to your taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check into that one. I'm definitely putting it on my to-cook list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gnocchi and Im glad I found your website, eventhough I am a cooking beginner, If I have reciepes like yours they will think Im great! =)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: