November 11, 2010

Homemade Taco Pizza

Happy Veteran's Day! I was originally planning on making something red, white and blue but that fell through. Red tomatoes, white crust and a blue plate close enough, though? I was going to write a long intro for this recipe but I think it can all be summed up in two words: Taco pizza. Enough said.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pizza crust - click here for my homemade recipe
  • 1/2 c tomato sauce
  • 1/4 lb beef seasoned with taco seasoning, recipe follows
  • 1/2 c Iceburg lettuce, chopped
  • 1 c shredded cheddar jack cheese
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • Sour cream, to taste (optional)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees, or according to your pizza crust recipe directions.
  • Spread the tomato sauce over top of your crust (I omit this step and we dip our pizza slices in the sauce).
  • Sprinkle beef evenly over all.
  • Place the lettuce on top of the beef.
  • Top with cheese.
  • Scatter tomatoes over all.
  • Optional: Dollop with sour cream.
  • Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or per your pizza crust recipe directions.
  • Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________

Beef Seasoned with Taco Seasoning:
  • 1/4 lb beef
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
Directions:
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the beef; drain.
  • Return the beef to the skillet. Add the water and taco seasoning mix.
  • Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.

Madelyn Rating:
"Good!"

8 comments:

  1. wow this looks amazing!!! I am a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I am now YOUR newest follower! :) I just checked out your blog and LOVE IT! Lots of great tips and ideas on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooooooooooo this looks damn good! We made pizza for dinner with cheese, but I love this taco pizza. Definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sommer: my daughter said to me, "You're the best cook EVER, mom!" lol Maybe I should incorporate a new "Best cook ever" two thumbs up :) Pizza is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a great idea. Our family would eat this! And thanks for your sweet comment, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am your newest follower! Thanks for following me too. I agree, the Moons Over My Hammy would be 2 thumbs up, it even looks better than theirs.

    Yum, the pizza looks great too. I don't know if you noticed that we put a pizza oven in when we remodeled our kitchen (on my sidebar). This would be a great recipe to try. It is so pretty and I can see the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.


    Anete Simpson
    begleitung schweiz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline: I did NOT notice it originally and I am SO jealous of your pizza oven! How wonderful that must be to have!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: