April 18, 2011

Creamy Ranch Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Crostini


One Year Ago:  Chicken Quesadillas

One of my favorite things about being a food blogger is getting free food and ingredients in the mail.  As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Tostitos' and Lay's new Dip Creations.  Two packages of three different flavors were sent to me:  Country Ranch, Garden Onion and Freshly Made Guacamole.  For the Garden Onion and Country Ranch, you simply pour the spice packet into sour cream, stir and voila!  For the Freshly Made Guacamole, you mash 3 large avocados and add it to the spice packet.  They are all so amazingly tasty and simple to make.  My husband and daughter went crazy over the taste of each.  Of the three, my personal favorite (though it was hard to chose) was the Garden Ranch.  The best thing about these Dip Creations is that they are made with all natural ingredients, there is no MSG, no preservatives and no artificial flavors.  I decided to whip up a special treat for my family using the Dip Creations Country Ranch.  

Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 1 packet Lay's Dip Creations Country Ranch
  • 2 c sour cream  
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 c baby spinach, chopped
  • 1 c cooked chicken, diced 
  • 1 c roasted red peppers (I roasted my own peppers, which I highly recommend)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 French baguette, thinly sliced 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste 
  • 2 tbsp basil, chopped 
Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the Dip Creations Country Ranch with sour cream.


Stir in the cooked chicken, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. 

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the baby spinach and season with salt and pepper.  Cook until the spinach is wilted down.  Stir the spinach into the Country Ranch mixture.

Brush olive oil over both sides of each baguette and rub a clove of garlic over both sides.  Season with salt and pepper.  Preheat the same skillet that the spinach was cooked in to medium-high heat and place the baguette slices on it.  Cook until both sides are golden brown.

Arrange the crostini.  Spoon the Country Ranch mixture on top of the crostini.  Top with roasted red peppers.


Garnish with basil.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. The crostini look and sound terrific. I love how easy they are to assemble and I'll wager they are delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good...very creative!! The Country Ranch was our favorite too. But the guac came out really yummy as well. I still need to try the onion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty and makes a pretty appetizer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I must try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flavor profile of this crostini. They all work perfectly together.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: