April 10, 2011

Peanut Butter S'more Cups



I find myself daydreaming a lot about camping under the stars with my family.  There's something magical about sitting by a warm fire while it crackles away in the night, watching the embers glow and sharing stories with those you care about as the shadows dance around you.  Even long after the fire is put out, the smell of it remains with you until the morning.  Though I have several weeks of waiting for a full weekend of nice weather, I at least can enjoy the taste of our favorite snack around the campfire, s'mores.  As I started to make these lovely little treats, a light bulb went off in my head:  Peanut butter!  Unfortunately, it wasn't until after I started munching away at them that another light bulb went off in my head:  Pretzels!  These are so addicting and even my husband, who is not a fan of sweets, couldn't resist them.  The only thing that could make this better is the addition of a layer of a mini pretzel. 

What do you enjoy munching on around a fire? 

Ingredients:
  • 1 c graham cracker crumbs 
  • 1/4 c confectioners' sugar 
  • 6 tbsp butter, melted 
  • 3/4 c milk chocolate chips 
  • 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
  • Optional:  24 mini pretzels
  • 12 large marshmallows, cut in half 
  • 1/2 c milk chocolate, melted
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter.

Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a mini muffin pan.  Use the back of the measuring spoon to gently press down to form shallow cups.

Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until the edges bubble.

Place approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the milk chocolate in each cup.

Optional:  Place a mini pretzel on top.

Top with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
 
Cut the marshmallows in half.  Place the cut side down on top of the peanut butter.  Return to the oven for 2 minutes.  Allow to cool for 15 minutes.

Using a spoon, remove each s'more cup from the pan.  Spread some melted chocolate over each s'more cup.

Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until set.

Enjoy!

Madelyn Rating:
Snow White gives two thumbs up!





This recipe is linked to Sweets for a Saturday

24 comments:

  1. Seriously? This is like smores and Reese's PB cups had a love child...a delicious love child! I don't have a mini muffin pan. Could I make them regular size, you think? I would be very popular if I made these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You're so right about the love child :) You could make them regular size no problem. I would probably put two marshmallow halves on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny... I just made these same exact things this weekend. They're so delicious!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very yummy! I found you on Sweet as Sugar Cookies. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Sweet as Sugar Cookies - these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing! I saved this page because I NEED to make these now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that you added peanut butter to these. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look sinful! Please share your recipe with our readers by linking up at Muffin Monday. Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-peanut-butter-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these would be so dangerous at my house!

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/14/chocolate-birds-nests/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable! How can you resist chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallow??

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look sensational. I love it when I can make something at home that I'd normally have to browse the candy aisles looking for. I'm trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those peanut butter smores look so good. I wish I had the ingredients so I could make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these looks amazing! I just found your blog, and there are so many tasty looking things here to try. It looks like you love your family and food, too! I'll have to come back, thanks!
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are avid RV'ers and wish we had more time to spend under the stars and near the campfire. These look devine!!!! Bookmarking this thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these look delicious! A great Easter treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. if i made these in my house they would be gone within a day! they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so much for the sweet comments. I hope you will give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome way to enjoy s'mores. Your treat made Sweets for a Saturday's hit list for last week and will be featured this week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your s'mores look amazing! Snow White is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the peanut butter and s'more combo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM! These look like my kind of snack.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so good! I cant wait to make them!
    cupcakeswithsprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: