August 3, 2011

Salmon Bruschetta


One of my family's favorite snacks is bruschetta.  Besides serving it with roasted garlic bread, I have experimented with chicken, pizza and even mixing up the Italian snack with a southwestern flare.  Tonight, I had planned on salmon for dinner and I was also craving bruschetta, so I decided to put the two together.  It turned out amazing and the tangy, sweet tomato topping is the perfect complement to the salmon.  My husband and daughter loved it and I will definitely be making this again.  I served this over brown rice with steamed vegetables on the side.  Talk about healthy and tasty!


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb salmon fillets 
  • 1 tbsp olive oil. 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Tomato topping
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped 
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion salt
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • Salt, to taste 
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste 
Directions:

In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Stir in the basil, garlic powder, onion salt and tomato.  Season with pepper to taste.  Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Coat the salmon with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the salmon and cook on both sides until flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.  

Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon.  I drizzle a little extra balsamic over all right before serving.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Now this is pure genius! The flavors of bruschetta on top a nice juicy thick piece of salmon. My mouth is watering! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazingly flavorful and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: