September 23, 2009

Potatoes

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





Every Saturday morning, I cook a big breakfast for my family.  It's one of my favorite parts of the week.  The smell of bacon, the sound of dishes clanging, the warm mug of coffee in my hands, the sight of my family in their PJs... and as an added bonus, the scene of snowflakes falling silently outside the back door.  When I asked my family what sounded good for breakfast this morning, my husband...



Corned Beef Hash

I don't know about you, but I always find myself with leftover corned beef after Saint Patrick's Day.  I had originally planned on making Reuben sandwiches with the leftovers, but I'm in a breakfast for dinner kind of mood.  Try using your leftover corned beef in this delicious hash with some...


Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans


Twice-baked sweet potatoes would make a fantastic addition to your holiday meal.  They are easy to prepare and so delicious!  Unlike a casserole, you can easily adjust the toppings to accommodate the...


Twice-Baked Potatoes


We had cod with chipotle aioli sauce (recipe to come) for dinner tonight and I decided that twice-baked potatoes would make a perfect side.  Twice-baked potatoes are comforting, delicious and very forgiving.  






Simple & Delicious Home Fries


There aren't very many things that I enjoy more than spending lazy Saturdays with my family.  Sleeping in, slowly awakening between the cold sheets, and knowing that you have no...



Reuben Potato Skins


This isn't a recipe as much as it is an idea for your leftover corned beef.  My husband and I made these Reuben potato skins last night and they were delicious!  Have a happy and safe Saint Patrick's Day! 


Maple Sweet Potato & Caramelized Onion Frittata

My Granddaddy brought over some sweet potatoes from his garden for me one night this week and I wanted to try something new, something different than the normal sweet potato pie.  Eventually...


My family loves pierogi.  They are salty and crunchy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside.  You can stuff them with anything you want, which makes them a perfect meal to pull out leftovers for.  This dough is extremely simple, easy to work with, requires...

Baked Bacon, Shrimp & Cheddar Potato Skins


We had twice-baked potatoes and haddock one night for dinner this week.  Whenever I make twice-baked potatoes, I save the skins (no wasting food here!) so I can make baked potato skins as a snack. 





Potato & Kale Frittata

This is a delicious, comforting breakfast that is healthy and filling.  I love frittatas because they are quick, easy and very versatile.  I always try to have a variation of it in my fridge for lunch or breakfast throughout the week.  The addition of bacon would be a wonderful element, albeit less healthy.


Homemade Baked French Fries


Homemade baked french fries are perfect for your super bowl festivities.  They are soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.




Deep-Fried Seasoned French Fries



Potatoes were on sale for $0.99 / 5 pound bag last week, so what did I do?  I bought enough to feed an army.  So far, I have used them to make potato salad, home fries for breakfast, and baked bacon, shrimp and cheddar potato skins...

Homemade Potato Chips

It has been raining and raining for a long time now. There is water everywhere. Today, I am thankful for the fact that I do not have a basement. The flooding on the roads are so bad that the entire school district is closed for the day.


Au Gratin Potatoes


I found this recipe on Foodnetwork.com and knew I had to try it after reading all of the rave reviews. This came out super creamy and very rich. I personally thought this was amazing but my husband found it to be too rich to enjoy more than one serving and if you know my husband, he loves to load up on his potatoes.



Baked Potato Soup


There has been a lot of talk recently about potato soup everywhere I go it seems, causing me to crave it. Since today was another beautiful 80-degree spring day, another stove-top meal was called for. Also, baking potatoes are on sale this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: