September 29, 2009

Salad

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





My husband and I celebrated 11 years of marriage this past Valentine's Day!  We look forward to a romantic getaway every year, but once the celebrating is over, we come to the grim realization that we have to endure the long, bitter winter that just seems to go on and on... and on and on... like a bad run-on sentence.  You know it's brutal out when the school districts are closed because...




Exactly one week ago, on August 6th, I celebrated my 33rd fifth 29th birthday.  My husband and I called off work, and he had the entire day planned out, babysitting and all.  How exciting!  We started the day off at the Parc Bistro for brunch, where I enjoyed some amazing bouillabaisse, and he had the bourbon shrimp BLT.  Look at the evidence below - I'm turning...




The days are growing colder, and the nights are creeping earlier.  What do I love about fall?  So many things!  Baking pies and breads, picking pumpkins and apples, crunching leaves under my feet, sipping hot cocoa, breathing in the crisp air, and wearing chunky sweaters with fuzzy socks and boots!  Yesterday was the first official day of autumn, though it's felt like autumn for...




I can never relate to the parent that says they're happy to shove their kids back on the school bus and get them out of their hair when school starts back up.  For me, it's a sad time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited that my little sous chef is getting bigger and starting 4th grade, but I really do enjoy those precious moments of summer break with her each day!  If you haven't...





We've been doing some spring cleaning of our diets recently, especially since I've gained my usual 5-pound winter weight.  I'm very anxious to get back on the tennis courts and bike trail again!  I had a beautiful package of mixed baby greens...



Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Taco Bowls

Dump it, set it, forget it!  These chipotle steak taco bowls are not only easy to make, but they're bursting with flavor and require very little effort on your part.  Simply add the ingredients to your crock pot in the morning, turn the heat on low, and come...

Italian Pasta Salad with Pepperoni & Red Wine Vinaigrette


Whenever I am asked to provide a pasta salad, I typically make my husband's favorite Italian Vegetable & Shrimp Pasta Salad but I wanted to try something new for a Memorial Day picnic.  I stumbled...



Quinoa Salad with Asparagus & Almonds in Balsamic Vinaigrette


My back door was sending me conflicting information a few days ago - snow in spring?  It can't be!  Even though spring hasn't quite started out as I had hoped, I am still in the spirit.  We have already started...




Southwestern Blackened Chicken Salad


This recipe originated from my attempts at recreating one of our favorite salads from a local Mexican restaurant.  It is delicious, easy to make and ready in 15 minutes -- a perfect summer salad!  



Red Quinoa & Vegetable Salad

This salad is cool, fresh, crunchy, packed with nutrients and perfect for summer.  If you're unfamiliar with quinoa, it has a light and fluffy texture and a mildly nutty flavor.  It is easy to digest and is not as filling as other grains.  Quinoa dates back to the ancient Inca civilization and was...
  



Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing & Crispy Chicken


"And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again."  As a child, I always thought that phrase from the popular Christmas song was rude and couldn't understand it.  What was so wrong with being out of school for winter break?  Now that I am a parent of a child in school...


Shaved Vegetable Salad with Prosciutto in Balsamic-Dijon Vinaigrette 

Crispy, shaved vegetables with salty prosciutto bits in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette topped with crumbled feta cheese yields a delicious and healthy salad.  

Mediterranean Couscous and Chicken Pasta Salad


Happy Memorial Day!  I hope you all have a wonderful time this extended...

Amish Macaroni Salad


One of my favorite things about this time of the year is picnicing with family and friends.  There is always fear of not having enough food, yet everyone leaves with leftovers.  My absolute favorite picnic food...





Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad

 I stumbled across these big, beautiful heads of broccoli and cauliflower from a local farmer for a great price and I instantly knew that I would be using them for a salad. This is light and tasty! Sunflower seeds and raisins are a great addition to this salad as well.


Warm Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Fruit & Nuts



This is a healthy and delicious meal. Something about salty spinach with warm honey mustard chicken and nuts paired with the sweetness of strawberries and oranges makes me feel deliciously happy inside. Spinach cooks down a lot, so be sure to have plenty on hand! 




Busy Night Taco Salad

Yesterday was one of those crazy days, so I decided to nix the pork meal that I had planned and make a speedy-but-delicious salad instead.  Can you ever go wrong with a taco salad?  I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: