September 29, 2009

Sides

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!






We've been doing some spring cleaning of our diets recently, especially since I've gained my usual 5-pound winter weight.  I'm very anxious to get back on the tennis courts and bike trail again!  I had a beautiful package of mixed baby greens...



Tuscan Three Bean & Bacon Soup with Kale

We woke up to another four inches of snow this morning.  Uncle!  Who's moving to Florida with me?  I'll start packing.  While the snowstorms have interfered with a lot of our precious plans this past month, they didn't stop us from celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary.  Life is so amazing when you're married to your best friend!  We had a lovely time away.  However...


Baked Ranch Macaroni & Cheese

We've been hammered with snowstorm after snowstorm this winter and, once again, we found ourselves snowed in.  I decided to make some comforting, warming macaroni and cheese for my family with a fun little twist.  The ranch flavor deliciously shines...  


Celeste's Chili

Every stinking week we have another snowstorm!  10 inches of snow today and another 4-to-6 inches in the forecast for tomorrow.  Please, make it stop!  While I wasn't keen on shoveling the heavy, wet snow from my car, it was rather lovely to have a lazy snow day home...



Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans

Twice-baked sweet potatoes would make a fantastic addition to your holiday meal.  They are easy to prepare and so delicious!  Unlike a casserole, you can easily adjust the toppings to accommodate the preferences of whomever you're serving.


Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cilantro-Lime Butter


While corn on the cob is delicious with a little butter, I enjoy enhancing it from time to time with herb butters.  Cilantro-lime butter is easy to make and it gives grilled corn on the cob a pleasantly fresh and zesty kick.  


Garlic "Mashed" Cauliflower with Cheddar

Cauliflower is packed with many essential vitamins and minerals and it is also low in calories, low in saturated fat, and high in fiber.  It's definitely something that I have been trying to incorporate more frequently into my dinner rotation.  Though not technically...


Twice-Baked Potatoes

We finally have our first vacation planned out this year and are anxiously counting down the days until it's go time.  I can't wait to smell the salty ocean air, feel the hot sand between my toes, listen to the waves crashing, and indulge in some freshly caught...



Buffalo Deviled Eggs

Did you know that it's currently National Egg Salad week?  Take a guess why... all of those leftover hard-boiled eggs from Easter.  I wanted to try something new and came up with these yummy Buffalo Deviled Eggs.  They are so good and can easily be adjusted...



Mexican Rice & Black Beans

This is one of my favorite Mexican side dishes!  It is spicy, garlicy and very flavorful.  I made Chipotle Shrimp Tacos for my family the other night and it was the perfect complement to them.  If you're a vegetarian, you can serve this as a main dish.  A word...

How to Make Stuffing (Dressing)

I recently had the privilege of working with Food.com on how-to's for their website.  It was a bit odd making stuffing and roasting a turkey in the middle of August, but it was a lot of fun!



Skinny Macaroni & Cheese

Cutting down the calories and fat definitely does not compromise the flavor in this Skinny Mac n' Cheese!  Yes, it is possible to enjoy a delicious, cheesy macaroni and cheese with a lot less guilt!  Pureed potato is used as a thickening agent in place of...






Looking for a last-minute side for your Fourth of July festivities?  Try this easy and delicious pasta salad!  Out of all the different varieties of pasta salad that I have made, this is by far my husband's favorite, handed down from his Aunt Lois.  I love how the pieces...

Shaved Vegetable Salad with Prosciutto in Balsamic-Dijon Vinaigrette
Crispy, shaved vegetables with salty prosciutto bits in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette topped with crumbled feta cheese yields a delicious and healthy salad.  This is a beautiful, elegant side that compliments just about any entree.  I served mine with roasted...



Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

It was a beautiful, sunny day to grill out and I had some asparagus that I needed to use up.  I wrapped them in thin slices of prosciutto and they made a wonderfully tasty and easy side dish.  


Italian Pasta Salad with Pepperoni & Red Wine Vinaigrette


Whenever I am asked to provide a pasta salad, I typically make my husband's favorite Italian Vegetable & Shrimp Pasta Salad but I wanted to try something new for a Memorial Day picnic.  I stumbled...



Amish Macaroni Salad


One of my favorite things about this time of the year is picnicing with family and friends.  There is always fear of not having enough food, yet everyone leaves with leftovers.  My absolute favorite picnic food is my mother-in-law's potato salad.  It is to DIE for!  My second...




Dorito-crusted macaroni and cheese - need I say more?  Sometimes it's good to live a little!  Happy first day of autumn!


Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits 



After years of tweaking, I have finally come up with perfectly delicious, soft and fluffy cheddar and garlic biscuits.  Making your own biscuits from scratch is quick and simple and the results are well worth the effort.  These are extremely addictive.  My husband keeps...

Homemade Baked French Fries

Homemade baked french fries are perfect for your super bowl festivities.  They are soft on the inside and crisp on the outside.




It's the hottest day of the year at 96 degrees. I am completely caught up with my transcription work, my air conditioner is cranked way up and I am in between loads of laundry. I have had a hankering for some homemade macaroni and cheese...



Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad



 I stumbled across these big, beautiful heads of broccoli and cauliflower from a local farmer for a great price and I instantly knew that I would be using them for a salad. This is light and tasty! Sunflower seeds and raisins are a great addition to this salad as well.


Au Gratin Potatoes

I found this recipe on Foodnetwork.com and knew I had to try it after reading all of the rave reviews. This came out super creamy and very rich. I personally thought this was amazing but my husband found it to be too rich to enjoy more than one serving and if you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: