January 23, 2009

Crock Pot

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!



Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast in Beer


This pot roast really packs in a lot of flavor and is so simple to make.  You don't even need the hassle of searing the meat.  The only liquid used is beer, which adds a beautiful depth of deliciousness to the pot roast.       

Note:  For this recipe, I recommend using a lighter beer or one with 20 IBU...



Slow-Cooker Cuban Steak Tacos with Mojo Cream Sauce

I don't know about you but 85 degrees in the middle of May is not my ideal spring day.  Because my husband and I are pushing ourselves to see how long we can survive before turning on the air conditioning, I thought a crock pot meal would be appropriate for...


Crock Pot Meat Pie


Today I celebrate 500 recipes on Cooking Creation!  It's kind of hard to believe that I have posted 500 recipes in the last three short years.  Of all of the meals that I make for my family, my husband's favorite is meat pie.  Meat pie is a savory pie consisting...



Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Tortilla Stew


Make a New Year's resolution to have a healthy diet?  Try this delicious spicy chicken tortilla stew!  It's healthy, low in calories and oh, so good!  Simply throw the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and return home in the evening to the amazing...


Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken over Pasta

This delicious pasta dish is hearty, healthy and full of flavor.  My family loves the rich, tart and sweet taste of balsamic vinegar - it's definitely a favorite!  If you're unsure about how much balsamic vinegar is right for you, start off by using 2 tbsp.  You can...



Beef Daube Provencal (French Beef Stew)

I've had an incredibly busy last couple of weeks and have had very little time for cooking let alone blogging.  Finding myself in a break from the action, I decided to make some cereal bars for my daughter as a special treat.  These are so good!  My...

Slow-Cooked Pot Roast with Red Wine & Rosemary

It doesn't get much better than a hearty pot roast after a long, hard day of work on a chilly evening.  Unwind while you dig into this savory dish.  Yum!

Chuck Eye Steak with Onion & Green Pepper in Red Wine Sauce

My daughter has piano lessons every Tuesday at 5:00, which leaves very little time for dinner preparation, so I normally make a quick-and-easy dinner or a crock pot meal. I decided on a hearty steak and mashed potato dinner tonight because it is freezing...




Meat and Potatoes... and Beer (Dude Food) in the Crock Pot

Today is the first day of autumn! YAY! It also is getting up to 90 degrees. BOO! I would normally braise the chuck roast with the aid of the oven but there is no way I was about to make my poor air conditioning work that hard; therefore, I decided to use my...

Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot 

It has been in the 90s around here and if you know me, you know that I hate to fire up my oven when it is so hot outside. I bought a whole chicken at the grocery store and today was the last day before expiration. For the first time, I decided to attempt to slow...


Beef Barbeque Sandwiches Topped with French Fried Onions



Since I made some BBQ sauce today, I am of course going to be using it this evening for dinner. The French's fried onions were the perfect addition to this sandwich. This is one of those meals that you keep eating even when you are full because the taste is so good.

Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

Today is one of those rare, beautiful, spring-like March days. The sun is out, I can hear Maddy laughing with the neighbors in the backyard and the birds are singing away. I was definitely in a picnic-type mood, so pork BBQ sandwiches were in order. This is so simple...


Chicken & Vegetables in the Crock Pot


Today is just one of those days with lots going on and very little time for it all, which just happens to make it the perfect day to make a quick, easy and healthy crock pot dinner. 



Pork & Sauerkraut


My husband and I grew up in Pennsylvania, where we still reside today. Growing up, my family never had pork and sauerkraut. It was a tradition in my husband's family to have pork and sauerkraut every New Years Day. In fact, the first time I ever had pork and...


Easy Slow-Cooked Chicken Tortilla Stew

This is great for those busy days and cold nights.  I give this a 5/5 stars when sour cream and tortilla strips are added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: