January 23, 2009

Drinks

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





Homemade Almond Milk (Step-By-Step Instructions)

Making your own almond milk is so easy!  You just need to plan ahead for it.  It's raw, lactose-free, unprocessed, and healthy.  It's also creamy and delicious!  Simply soak the almonds in water for 12 hours, drain them, and then process the almonds in the blender with fresh water.  You can also add other...



Caramel Apple Sangria

Sweet Honeycrisp apples, crisp sparkling apple cider, white wine, and caramel syrup join forces to create a fantastic festive libation!  Honey whiskey and vanilla bring out the flavor of the caramel, although the whiskey is optional (I used Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey Whiskey).  Because the apple cider, caramel and apples are so sweet, I opted for a drier white wine, but you can really use any wine...



Strawberry, Mint & Lime Agua Fresca

Oh, what a beautiful spring day it has turned out to be!  The sun is shining without a cloud in the sky, and there's a lovely, fresh breeze flowing through the windows of my home.  Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and we celebrated with these delicious agua...



Strawberry, Kale & Carrot Smoothie


This is a super healthy and refreshing smoothie that is low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals.  Oh, and it's pretty darn delicious, too!  I didn't add any honey to my smoothie because my strawberries were sweet enough on their own, but you certainly can add...



Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail

My husband and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage this Valentine's Day!  We had a nice little getaway planned for this weekend that we have been looking forward to for a while.  Unfortunately, the impending snowstorm that is predicted to drop 18 inches of snow...


Affogato with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream & Kahlua

Sometimes, it's the simple things that are the best!  Just three ingredients go into this Italian dessert.  Well, it's technically a drink, but I say it's both!  The word affogato means "drowned" in Italian.  Simply drown a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream in hot espresso...


Pumpkin Spice Latte


Kick back, relax and enjoy this beautiful autumn weather with a delicious pumpkin spice latte.  Go ahead - you deserve it!  Pour in a little rum to take it up a notch.  



Cherry Blossom Sparkler

It's almost happy hour!  I'm celebrating with my new favorite cocktail.  It's sweet as cherry pie and tantalizingly bubbly!  What's your favorite happy hour drink? 


Oreo & Whiskey Milkshake

Conjure up the kid in you with some Oreos and milk but enjoy them as an adult, milkshake style with a little whiskey.  You deserve it!  Everything in moderation, of course.  



Blueberry Wheat Germ Smoothie

It's blueberry season!  Refresh yourself with this delicious, creamy blueberry smoothie.  Rich in vitamins and high in fiber - it makes for a great start to your day!  For a lower calorie version (185 calories), substitute 1 cup of the blueberries for 1 cup of ice.

Strawberry-Rosemary Lemonade

Take the edge off of those hot, sunny days with a delicious and refreshing Strawberry-Rosemary Lemonade.  The sweet strawberries paired with the fresh taste of rosemary pushes this lemonade over the top.  Happy hour?  Pour in a little vodka and kick off your shoes!     

Pineapple Carrot & Orange Smoothie with Ginger

Cool off with a refreshing, delicious smoothie that is low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals.




Pumpkin Pie Mudslide

Is it happy hour yet!?  If you happen to be a lover of mudslides and also a lover of pumpkin pie, this drink is for you!  Rich, creamy, delicious and a perfect way to unwind after a long day.  Kick it up a notch and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream right into the center of the drink. 

Homemade Apple Cider with Rum in Apple Cups

Oh, how I love the sweet aroma of cider while it simmers for hours in my home!  It has become a tradition for me to kick off autumn with some homemade apple cider.  This is such a fun and cute way to serve this beverage.  You can serve these with the cider still hot or chilled.  


Martini Milkshakes



Calling all martini lovers!  This drink is for you.  I found myself craving both ice cream and a martini last night and the thought came to me... why not enjoy them both at once!?  The result?  A delicious cold and creamy martini!  I can think of no better way to wind down...

Cotton Candy Cocktails

I cannot believe it has been two entire years since I first stepped foot on this blog journey.  It really has been an amazing ride filled with ups, downs and everything in between.  I asked my husband last night, "Can you believe it has already been two years?"  He replied...


Watermelon-Tequila Cocktail


I picked up a watermelon from the grocery store and had just planned on cutting it up as a snack until I came across this recipe from Food and Wine.  It is so refreshing!  Sweet watermelon, sour lime and refreshing mint to cool you down and relax...



Red Sangria


Looking for a drink to serve with your salsa on Cinco de Mayo? Here is tasty drink that you can serve to adults and to children with just the slightest changes.  My husband wanted to try only a sip but loved it and ended up taking an entire glass.    


Irish Coffee

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  Here is a drink to celebrate.  To all of those who will be going out tonight, have fun but please remember to be responsible.  Cheers!



Homemade Hot Cocoa

When I was a little girl, my mom would always have a hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows waiting for me when I came in from a long play in the snow. Cheeks bright red and cold, hair wet and icy, toes nearly numb but a sip of hot cocoa always seemed to take


Homemade Eggnog


I have been wanting to make my own eggnog for over a month now but patiently restrained myself from doing so until the holidays. One of my favorite food bloggers, Annie Bakes (check her out), tempted me with a recipe for eggnog that she found in the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: