January 23, 2009

15-Minute Meals

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!






15-Minute Shrimp Mei Fun

We've been pretty busy lately, so I've been making a lot of my quick and easy dinners.  Of all of my 15-minute meals, this one is my family's favorite.  It's better than anything you can get from Chinese take-out (or so my husband proclaims), and it is incredibly easy to make.  Mei fun simply means thin rice noodles, which you can find in the foreign section of your grocery store...




My husband was out golfing and wasn't going to make it home in time for dinner, and my  little sous chef had some leftovers that she was looking forward to eating.  It was a very peculiar situation that I found myself in... but I wasn't about to complain!  I had the entire kitchen to myself.  No catering to everyone's individual tastes (not that I'm complaining - I love to oblige them)... 



Asian Salmon Burgers with Orange-Ginger Slaw

School is out and we've been busy enjoying the beautiful weather, so blogging has kind of taken a little backseat these past two weeks.  These salmon burgers are a great summer meal because they're easy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes!  You don't have to spend copious...



Corned Beef Hash

I don't know about you, but I always find myself with leftover corned beef after Saint Patrick's Day.  I had originally planned on making Reuben sandwiches with the leftovers, but I'm in a breakfast for dinner kind of mood.  Try using your leftover corned beef in this delicious hash with some...


Coconut & Walnut Crusted Cod


I love this coconut and walnut crusted cod.  The toasted walnut pairs well with the sweet coconut, and it doesn't overpower the fish.  Easy to make, healthy, and ready in 15 minutes!  


Succulent Southwestern Pork Chops - Ready in 15 Minutes!

I am constantly finding myself in the mood to make something a little different for dinner.  We have an overabundance of tomatoes from the garden, so I decided to use them to make a Southwestern topping to...


Grilled White Wine & Garlic Butter Shrimp Kabobs

We were blessed with beautiful weather this weekend and most of it was spent outdoors doing fun things including enjoying a community fair, grilling out, taking two long bike rides on the trail, and having a cookout...


Lemon-Dijon Shrimp Tacos with Black Beans

After a busy day of work and school, we decided to have a fun and peaceful evening on the trail.  On nights like these, I need to have a quick and easy meal to prepare for my family before we head out.  These shrimp...




Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini & Penne Rigate

Need a meal that's just as delicious and satisfying as it is fast and easy to prepare?  Well, this recipe is for you!  It is one of my family's favorites meals and can be made in 15 minutes!  Serve with crusty bread and a glass of wine...  

Turkey Wrap with Bacon, Apples & Pepper Jack

This healthy wrap is perfect for those busy days of fall.  The pepper jack cheese brings a delicious spiciness and the crisp apples add a burst of sweetness.  Oh, yeah - and there's bacon...

Southwestern Blackened Chicken Salad

This recipe originated from my attempts at recreating one of our favorite salads from a local Mexican restaurant.  It is delicious, easy to make and ready in 15 minutes -- a perfect summer salad!  There are so many...

Homemade Fish Sticks

My family loves these delicious, crispy fish sticks.  They are very easy to make and are ready within 15 minutes!  I served these with a side of steamed broccoli hand picked yesterday from the garden...

Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Basil PestoHere is another great summer dish, a delicious Italian spin on the classic grilled cheese sandwich!  I came across the recipe on Closet Cooking and it has quickly become one of my favorite sandwiches...

Chicken Piccata

Chicken piccata was one of the first recipes that I ever blogged about (see below for the original photo and description).  I have made several changes to the recipe over the years, so I wanted to highlight this yummy dish today and also update the photo...
Spicy Buffalo Chicken SandwichIf you love buffalo wings, then this spicy and hearty sandwich topped with creamy blue cheese and cool, crunchy celery is for you!  It is perfect for the upcoming picnicking season.  Serve it with a side of carrot and celery sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping.  


Southwestern Blackened Chicken Spinach Wraps

I knew that my entire week was going to be really crazy, so I planned for quick meals each night.  This is one of my go-to recipes for a busy week night.  It can be made in 15 minutes, is tasty and the entire family will love it.  This would also be a nice addition to your Super Bowl Sunday parties...

Busy Weeknight Pan-Fried Cube Steak & Brown GravyIn case you were unaware, I am a proud (and somewhat obsessed) couponer.  I'm talking coupon binder in tow at the grocery store, stock piled pantry at home, etc.  After clipping Sunday newspaper coupons, organizing them in my binder, scoping out sales at each grocery store...

Turkey, Apple & Swiss Quesadila with Honey-Dijon SauceIf you haven't noticed yet from my recent posts, I have had school lunch ideas on my mind.  I will be switching gears for a while to fall and football recipes but I wanted to share one more school lunch idea with you first... 


Quick & Easy Chicken ParmigianaSchool is right around the corner, which means that my schedule is about to get a bit more crazy.  Between making sure all homework is completed and running around to various after-school activities, it is hard to find time to have a decent family dinner.  This...

Salmon with Shaved Asparagus & Honey-Mustard SauceThis week and most of the following week, I am covering work for a fellow medical transcriptionist in addition to my own work.  Needless to say, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and extremely tired by day's end.  In fact, I have had no time to shop...

Pan-Fried Salmon with Pomegranate-Orange SauceThis meal is perfect for a Valentine's Day dinner. Not only is it healthy but it is simple, quick and very tasty. Oh, and it contains four aphrodisiacs: Salmon, pomegranate, orange (citrus) and lettuce! The pomegranate-orange sauce is sweet and compliments...

Pancetta & Spinach OmeletteHappy Saturday! It's going on five days now that my daughter has a fever and I wanted to serve her a yummy yet quick breakfast.  I can't be tied down to the kitchen while she wants to cuddle...

Ham & Spinach FrittataFor Christmas, my sweet Granddaddy gave me the signed cookbook, "The Spice Kitchen" by Sara Engram and Katie Luber with Kimberly Toqe. The cookbook came with 24 cases of different organic, 1 teaspoon pre-measured spice packets. It was an extremely...


Beef & Rice Burrito Busy, busy day today! Not much time for cooking but that doesn't mean we can't have something that tastes yummy! My husband had recently mentioned in passing that he would like a beef burrito, so you know that I jumped all over that...


Egg in the BasketI love to make this for breakfast. It is simple and delicious. You can use different cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes and you can use waffles instead of bread...


Steak & Mushroom Soup

We had grilled flank steak with mashed potatoes last week for dinner. My husband is not a big fan of eating leftover steak but I found a way to get him to do it and enjoy it! I decided to use the steak in a soup and it turned out wonderful! This may just be my...


Pistachio-Crusted Ranch Chicken Strips

One of my favorite things about being a food blogger is the free food. Barhyte Specialty Foods sent me a package full of wonderful condiments. They are all out-of-this-world delicious but I have to say that my favorite was the sweet onion marinade...


Turkey & Bacon Club Sandwich

Growing up, every time my family would go out to a diner, my dad would always order a club sandwich. I never understood why he would order the same thing every time, so I decided to order one to see what the fuss was about. I fell in love...


Cajun Chicken Sandwich with Homemade Cajun Seasoning

My husband and I are in love with a particular Cajun Chicken Sandwich that one of our local restaurants serves. Last weekend he said to me, "It would be great if you could mimic that sandwich." Although it is not exact, it was so very close to the taste...


Chicken Quesadilas
I had leftover roasted chicken from last night that I wanted to use. It has been quite some time since we have had chicken quesadillas and I have been craving them since seeing them recently online. These are very yummy! You can...

Salmon Tacos with Creamy Sriracha Sauce

My family loves seafood and I always plan to cook it at least once a week for dinner.  This week, salmon was on sale and I happened to have a $2.00 off your next order coupon (I'm a couponoholic in case you weren't aware), so I picked some...


Busy Night Taco Salad

Yesterday was one of those crazy days, so I decided to nix the pork meal that I had planned and make a speedy-but-delicious salad instead.  Can you ever go wrong with a taco salad?  I think not!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: