September 29, 2009

Seafood

Click the recipe name to view the recipe!





The Eagles are going to the Super Bowl!!  That was a fantastic game!  There were so many moments last night, where my husband and I would look at each other in disbelief of what we were witnessing.   

What made the game even sweeter were these sushi stacks!  Don't let the picture fool you; these babies are a lot bigger than your average piece of sushi.  The ingredients...



No interesting story behind this dish -- just another weeknight meal that I'd like to share.  It earned an "excellent" rating from my family.  It's healthy, delicious, and you'll find yourself coming back for more... and more!  


I'm a little late.  Tomorrow is March, and I'm just now sharing my first post of the New Year.  While 2015 was very eventful for us, 2016 seems to be giving it a run for its money.  I was laid off from my job of nearly ten years, which was sad in itself and wasn't the best timing in the world considering we had just bought our new house.  Thankfully, I was blessed to be able to quickly find...



It's been two months already since we've moved into our new home.  Because of the timing of our settlement date, I got a little bit of a late start with my new garden.  I'm just now beginning to harvest zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, green beans, etc.  Better late than never!  I had the exciting discovery of black cherry trees and a Chester Thornless Black Raspberry bush in my backyard...





Wednesdays have turned out to be quite the busy day for us this year.  Once school lets out for the day, it's Girls on the Run until 5:00 followed by a mad rush to finish homework.  We then prepare & eat dinner all before dance practice from 6:30 to 8:00.  This is one of my favorite meals for busy...





My husband and I celebrated 11 years of marriage this past Valentine's Day!  We look forward to a romantic getaway every year, but once the celebrating is over, we come to the grim realization that we have to endure the long, bitter winter that just seems to go on and on... and on and on... like a bad run-on sentence.  You know it's brutal out when the school districts are closed because...



15-Minute Shrimp Mei Fun

We've been pretty busy lately, so I've been making a lot of my quick and easy dinners.  Of all of my 15-minute meals, this one is my family's favorite.  It's better than anything you can get from Chinese take-out (or so my husband proclaims), and it is incredibly easy to make.  Mei fun simply means thin rice noodles, which you can find in the foreign section of your grocery store...




The days are growing colder, and the nights are creeping earlier.  What do I love about fall?  So many things!  Baking pies and breads, picking pumpkins and apples, crunching leaves under my feet, sipping hot cocoa, breathing in the crisp air, and wearing chunky sweaters with fuzzy socks and boots!  Yesterday was the first official day of autumn, though it's felt like autumn for quite...




Exactly one week ago, on August 6th, I celebrated my 33rd fifth 29th birthday.  My husband and I called off work, and he had the entire day planned out, babysitting and all.  How exciting!  We started the day off at the Parc Bistro for brunch, where I enjoyed some...




My husband was out golfing and wasn't going to make it home in time for dinner, and my  little sous chef had some leftovers that she was looking forward to eating.  It was a very peculiar situation that I found myself in... but I wasn't about to complain!  I had the entire kitchen to myself.  No catering to everyone's individual tastes (not that I'm complaining - I love to oblige them)...




I am obsessed with my griddle.  It was a gift from my lovely mother last Christmas, and I honestly don't know how I survived without it before!  This past spring and summer, I have literally cooked 90% of my meals on it.  I especially enjoy making stir fry on the griddle because there is much more cooking surface to work with.  In this stir fry, I used freshly picked organic zucchini from the garden, and...




Mahi Mahi is one of my favorite fish to eat.  It's a hearty, yet delicate, mild-flavored fish with a slight sweetness to it.  In this recipe, I pan-seared it in a little butter and garlic, and then topped it with a fresh and crunchy homemade mango salsa.  Light, healthy, bursting with flavor, and ready...



Asian Salmon Burgers with Orange-Ginger Slaw

School is out and we've been busy enjoying the beautiful weather, so blogging has kind of taken a little backseat these past two weeks.  These salmon burgers are a great summer meal because they're easy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes!  You don't have to spend copious...



Asian Mahogany Shrimp with Asparagus & Shiitake Mushrooms

It was a mounds-of-dishes-from-the-night-before-that-I-was-too-tired-to-clean-because-the-dishwasher-was-full-of-clean-dishes-that-I-didn't-want-to-put-away-either type of morning.  Fast forward 8 hours of a crazy work day, and those same dishes were still there.  Amazing.  I was done working for the day, so I rolled up my sleeves, turned up some music, and got...



Coconut & Walnut Crusted Cod


I love this coconut and walnut crusted cod.  The toasted walnut pairs well with the sweet coconut, and it doesn't overpower the fish.  Easy to make, healthy, and ready in 15 minutes!  

Baked Crab Rangoon Dip & Homemade Wonton Chips

Last night was a big night for us.  Eagles versus Cowboys for a chance to go to the playoffs.  I was cautiously optimistic, but if history is a good predictor of the future, at the very least, I was going to have something good to snack on!  I had made our favorite crab cakes for dinner...


Shrimp, Potato & Corn Chowder


Freshly picked vegetables from the garden were used in this divinely delicious and hearty chowder.  This is a family favorite.  Try it - you will not be disappointed!  I served this with my Cheddar & Garlic Biscuits, another family favorite. 


Grilled Zesty Haddock & Vegetable Foil Packets

We spent a few hours working in the garden with friends and family a few days ago and found ourselves nearly overwhelmed with how much we had harvested in just one day.  I decided to use some of the freshly picked vegetables in foil packs with some...


Crab Macaroni & Cheese with Ritz Cracker Topping

We finally have our first vacation planned out this year and are anxiously counting down the days until it's go time.  I can't wait to smell the salty ocean air, feel the hot sand between my toes, listen to the waves crashing, and indulge in some freshly caught...



Boiled Lobster & Corn on the Cob

Live lobster was on sale for $6.99 per pound this weekend and I couldn't pass up buying a few pounds.  It's amazing how something so simple to make can be so incredibly succulent.  Don't be intimidated by it - it is an easy, fun and deliciously rewarding...

Grilled White Wine & Garlic Butter Shrimp Kabobs

We were blessed with beautiful weather this weekend and most of it was spent outdoors doing fun things including enjoying a community fair, grilling out, taking two long bike rides on the trail, and having a cookout with family.  I didn't realize how much...


After a busy day of work and school, we decided to have a fun and peaceful evening on the trail.  On nights like these, I need to have a quick and easy meal to prepare for my family before we head out.  These shrimp tacos are perfect.  Fast and delicious...

Baked Haddock with Balsamic Spinach & Tomato Topping

What does a Sunday afternoon look like for you?  If you were to peek into my house, you would see my husband and I rummaging through our fridge/pantry/cabinets while making a detailed grocery list and planning out our meals for the upcoming week...




Baked Cod & Asparagus Rolls with Garlic Beurre Blanc

Flaky fish enveloping tender asparagus served with buttery, garlicky beurre blanc - my heaven on a plate!  Delicious, healthy and easy to make, it can be served as a weeknight meal or a special occasion.  I served this with a side of baby spinach salad and a glass of white wine.


Baked Crab-Stuffed Flounder & Champagne Cream Sauce


Looking for a romantic dinner to impress your Valentine?  This crab-stuffed flounder is elegant, sinfully delicious and incredibly easy to make!   



Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Black Bean Pico de Gallo



I've been in quite the Mexican food mood recently.  After making that delicious Black bean Pico de Gallo, I decided to use it as a topping with some chipotle shrimp tacos for dinner one night.  These are definitely a contender for my favorite taco!  The tangy...

Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini & Penne Rigate

Need a meal that's just as delicious and satisfying as it is fast and easy to prepare?  Well, this recipe is for you!  It is one of my family's favorites meals and can be made in 15 minutes!  Serve with crusty bread and a glass of wine.  


Seared Scallops with Angel Hair Pasta


My daughter was having a sleepover last night so I decided to treat my husband to a meal that included one of his favorite foods -- scallops!  This dish is simple and delicious.  I served this with a side of steamed asparagus and a glass of white wine.



Italian Vegetable & Shrimp Pasta Salad



Looking for a last-minute side for your Fourth of July festivities?  Try this easy and delicious pasta salad!  Out of all the different varieties of pasta salad that I have made, this is by far my husband's favorite, handed down from his Aunt Lois.  I love how the pieces...


Baked Cod with Peppery Ritz Cracker Topping

Busy, busy, busy!  You know those times when it's hard to catch your breath in between all the hustle and bustle?  These past two weeks have especially been stressful for us and I have had to pull out quite a few quick and easy meals for my family.  



Pad Thai with Chicken, Shrimp & Tofu

Tied for my number one food weakness in life are sushi and pad Thai.  Whenever I absolutely love a certain dish at a restaurant, I always work to recreate it at home.  Recreating sushi is easy but pad Thai has been another story for me.  I have tried many...






These delicate crab cakes are so flavorful and delicious!  Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and deemed "Some of the best crab cake I've ever had" by my husband.  The addition of the spicy sriracha sauce just puts these over the top! 



At least once a week, I serve my family fish for dinner.  While browsing the circulars, I saw that tilapia was on sale for $3.99 per pound, so I decided to add that to my dinner menu for the week.  Tilapia is a mild-flavored fish.  Because of its firm texture, yo...




Dress up your cod with something different tonight.  Flaky cod topped with a rich tomato and artichoke sauce that is light and fresh and can be made in 30 minutes.  I love how the tart artichokes compliment the sweet tomatoes in this sauce.  This dish... 



I try serve my family fish at least once a week for dinner.  Fresh tilapia was on sale for $3.99/lb and I decided to pair it with one of my favorite sauces, horseradish cream sauce.  This horseradish cream sauce is wonderful!  It is creamy and tangy with a little bit of a...



Homemade Fish Sticks

My family loves these delicious, crispy fish sticks.  They are very easy to make and are ready within 15 minutes!  I served these with a side of steamed broccoli hand picked yesterday from the garden. 


Shrimp Alfredo

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your loved ones.  This year turned out to be one of my all-time favorite Christmases for so many reasons... even with the crazy schedule I was faced with!  Thankfully, it is finally time to kick back, relax and enjoy what's left of 2011.


Shrimp & Mango Salad in Crispy Parmesan Bowls


The school year is winding down and summer break is upon us.  My daughter has one full week left of 1st grade and I have been busy working on our summer schedule and planning activities.  With the unseasonably warm weather we have been having...


BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Wrap

While my husband and I were celebrating our 8-year anniversary on a beautiful tropical island a couple weeks ago (sigh, is it spring yet?!), we enjoyed dinner with a view of the sun setting over the ocean.  It was a magical experience that I will never forget.  One...



Creamy Artichoke Spinach & Crab Dip

Super Bowl Sunday is quickly approaching.  Do you have any special appetizers or meals planned?  This artichoke spinach & crab dip is so creamy and delicious and would be a perfect compliment to your Super Bowl festivities.  There is just the right...

Crab-Stuffed Cucumber Cups

This is another perfect appetizer for the super bowl.  Before I go on about the recipe, I have a question:  Who here is addicted to Pinterest?!  *Raises hand with a big, nerdy grin on her face*  Me!  Me!  I find myself constantly inspired and intrigued...


My husband bought 3 pounds of raw shrimp that I have been trying to use it up this week, making sure none goes to waste.  On Monday, I made shrimp Alfredo.  On Wednesday, I made pad Thai shrimp (recipe to come).  On Thursday, I made Cajun shrimp...




One of my family's favorite snacks is bruschetta.  Besides serving it with roasted garlic bread, I have experimented with chicken, pizza and even mixing up the Italian snack with a southwestern flare.  Tonight, I had planned on salmon for dinner and I...




Steamed Clams

We decided to run to Wegman's to get sushi and a few grocery items a few nights ago.  Is it me or is it impossible to leave that place without a cart full of stuff that you didn't need in the first place?!  We walked in with one cart and intended to spend...


Simple Lemon-Pepper and Basil Haddock

What a week!  I have family visiting from out of town all week and I volunteered for our church's kids' camp at the same time... which was outside in the heat wave!  Between family, work and church, I needed yet another quick and easy meal to throw on the table.  



Thai Red Curry Shrimp

For the remainder of the month (and part of the next), my life schedule is going to be crazy.  Between appointments, work, the end of the school year, family stuff and a soon-to-be addition to our family (my brother and sister-in-law), I really need quick...


Red Wine Risotto with Peas & Shrimp


I wanted to share something that happened to me.  This past Thursday and Friday, my Blooming Bacon Cheddar Ranch Bread recipe was featured on the front page of AOL.com!  It was unexpected and amazingly exciting for me!  Who would have thought that little ole' me would make the front page of AOL.com?!    



Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl


The purpose of "Fridge Fridays" is to share with you how I use leftovers from my fridge to create a meal.  The leftovers...


Salmon with Shaved Asparagus and Honey-Mustard Sauce

This week and most of the following week, I am covering work for a fellow medical transcriptionist in addition to my own work.  Needless to say, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and extremely tired by day's end.  In fact, I have had no time to shop for groceries this week...



Baked Bacon, Shrimp & Cheddar Potato Skins

We had twice-baked potatoes and haddock one night for dinner this week.  Whenever I make twice-baked potatoes, I save the skins (no wasting food here!) so I can make baked potato skins as a snack.  Baked potato skins are a great snack because you...

Pan-Fried Salmon with Pomegranate-Orange Sauce

This meal is perfect for a Valentine's Day dinner. Not only is it healthy but it is simple, quick and very tasty. Oh, and it contains four aphrodisiacs: Salmon, pomegranate, orange (citrus) and lettuce! The pomegranate-orange sauce is sweet and...


My sweet neighbor recently gave me a ton of fresh parsley. I have been cooking with it here and there but freshness time is coming to an end and I have about 1 cup left. We are having surf and turf (flank steak and shrimp) for dinner tonight and making...

Asian-Style Shrimp, Vegetables & Rice

It has been so crazy around here that it has taken me this long to post a recipe for a meal that we had on Monday. Oh, and the craziness just continued to get worse as the week went on... but more about that in the next post. Over this past weekend...




New England Clam Chowder

My husband has a cold and I thought that a hot bowl of soup would help to make him feel better. This is one of my absolute favorite recipes. If you like New England Clam Chowder, you will love this recipe.


Steamed Clams & Pasta in White Wine Garlic Sauce


My husband and I came across a great deal on some clams yesterday and we picked some up.  This is a delicious and quick weeknight meal for clam lovers.



Seafood ChowderSeafood has been on my brain recently for some reason. Yesterday, we had shrimp with gnocchi, today we are having seafood chowder, and we are actually having Pollock for dinner in a couple of days. Maybe it is because we are starting to prepare to go away...

Mediterranean Swordfish

I picked up a couple of swordfish steaks at the grocery store today on manager's sale. My father-in-law gave me some fresh grape tomatoes from his garden the other day, so I decided to go the Mediterranean route with dinner tonight. I got inspiration for the...


Creamy Tomato-Basil Campanelle with Shrimp and Asparagus


Comfort food for Celeste is in order today, which is anything creamy pasta. I have been staring at this computer screen for 10 minutes now trying to figure out what to type and I just cannot come up with anything. A very close family member passed away yesterday...



Lemon-Butter Shrimp & Broccoli over Orzo

I can relate my middle school years to orzo. It feels discontent and wants to fit in with everyone else; therefore, it takes on every flavor it comes in contact with. Yes. Orzo sounds a lot like middle school to me. Okay -- back on track! I love this dish. My husband cannot stand...


BBQ Shrimp, Bacon & Green Beans over Rice

My, how the week has flown by!  I have had a major change (a good change) in my work schedule and food blogging had to be placed on the back burner, which is why it has been a full week since I've made a blog post.  I'm hoping that I will be able to post as...



Inside-Out Philadelphia Sushi Roll with Spicy Sauce

If you know me well, you know that I am a lover of all things sushi. This is my second favorite type of sushi. I could eat nothing but sushi for the rest of my life and be happy.




Peanut-Sauced Shrimp & Pasta

This is a perfect summer meal that is easy, fast and healthy. Yummy!


Seafood Alfredo & Broccoli


You can't go wrong with a warm pasta dish with creamy alfredo and seafood! 


Shrimp Pot Pie

This is delicious!  Even though the recipe looks like a lot of work, the taste is out of this world and it is SO worth the time and effort put into it! This would make a perfect impressive appetizer for a party.


Shrimp & Grits

As I was preparing dinner tonight, I looked out the window and began to miss the sun.  Now that daylight savings is over, my precious natural sunlight for dinner-time photography is lost.  You may not be able to tell by the photo but this is really a beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: